About Me

My photo
I am a senior at Mercer University majoring in Psychology and Spanish. I have no idea what I want to do after I graduate, but right now I am thinking about going to Physical Therapy School.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Outsourcing - the new fad (Blog question 1)

I have noticed recently how many things around us are outsourced to other countries that we never even think about. One of the major things I have noticed that is outsourced is customer service. It seems now that anytime you call a company for help with any kind of technical difficulties, especially with computers, you are directed to someone on the other side of the world. I have noticed also, that if you call a company to ask for help with any kind of phone service, internet, or cable, you speak to someone outside America. Many companies with websites outsource their web design to other countries. Also, the transfer of money through services such as PayPal and other credit cards is outsourced to other countries and they are able to make records of transactions.
One of my career options at the moment is going to Physical Therapy and becoming a Doctor of Physical Therapy. This is one job that you would think would not be outsourced, simply because of the fact that the vast majority of the job is actually seeing patients. However, many things go on outside of seeing patients that are outsourced that we are unaware of. Medical charts and records of any kind, therapy notes, rehabilitation notes, and any kind of transcribing can be sent to other countries. http://www.kcsportsrehab.com/sportsrehab.aspx?pgID=871
So many things are outsourced now, especially things that people would never expect to be outsourced, such as medical-related fields, that it is almost impossible to find a company that is completely contained within the United States.




















































'

No comments:

Post a Comment